The Equality Hub Network is open to anyone who is interested in equality, diversity and fairness.
The Network brings together individuals and organisations from all sectors – voluntary, community and faith (VCF), public and private – to make a real difference in Sheffield.
It enables communities to make the city’s decision makers aware of the issues that affect them and influence policy, strategy and services.
The Network is made up of the following Equality Hubs based on protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010:
- Age Hub (intergenerational)
- BAMER Hub (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, Refugee)
- Carers’ Hub
- Disability Hub (all impairments)
- LGBT+ Hub (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, other sexual orientations and gender identities)
- Religion/Belief/No Belief Hub
- Women’s Hub
The Hubs are coordinated by Support Organisations that are grant funded by Sheffield City Council.
Events bring the whole Network together around a theme that people care about, such as poverty, hate crime, health and employment.