We help victims of human trafficking and modern slavery. We have a number of volunteering opportunities available within our projects and thought they might be of interest to the members of your group.
We run a number of projects and programmes to support vulnerable men, women and children in the city. These include:
- Male Safe house supporting men who have been victims of human trafficking and modern slavery
- Female safe house supporting victims of human trafficking and modern slavery
- Outreach programmes which support survivors of modern slavery living in the community
- Integration support programme for those exiting our Safe House and Outreach programmes
- Bright Futures Employment programme which helps to connect survivors of modern slavery into permanent employment
- Restore programme which aims to empower women held back by life controlling issues
- About face: A programme to support men and women who have a history within the Criminal Justice System and are vulnerable to reoffending
We always welcome new volunteers to join our team. Volunteers are encouraged to share skills they might have with our clients, for example we have a volunteer who is passionate about jewellery making and comes in to run a workshop.
All volunteers are supervised, supported and receive a high level of training.
If you are interested in contributing to the work we do, in any way, we’d be delighted to hear from you. We are also happy to come and give a talk about our work, or you can visit http://city-hearts.co.uk/ for more information.