The Equality Hub Network (EHN) Board acts as the strategic body for the Network, considering strategic issues in the city and providing a route for problem solving and escalation of issues to Sheffield City Council and other public sector organisations. The Board provides an opportunity to engage with all Hubs, to explore commonalities and encourage joint working.
- Chair, Lee Adams
- Equality Hub Representatives
- Lead Elected Member for the Equality Hub Network, Cllr Mark Jones
- Sheffield City Council Executive Director of Resources, Eugene Walker
- Sheffield City Council Social Justice and Inclusion Manager, Adele Robinson
Officers from the Support Organisations attend EHN Board meetings to provide support to Equality Hub Representatives.
Senior officers from the Council and other organisations will be asked to attend specific Board meetings by invitation depending on the topic.
An independent Chair has been appointed to support the EHN Board. This position is for a fixed 2 year period (until May 2019). The Chair is responsible for overseeing the EHN Board and is accountable for the effective working of the Board.
Equality Hub Representatives
- Age Hub – older people: Alan Carter
- Age Hub – young people: Jude Daniel Smith
- BAMER Hub: Dr Muna Abdi
- BAMER Hub: Sahira Irshad
- Carers’ Hub – adult carers (acting): Pauline Kimantas
- Carers’ Hub – young carers (acting): Sara Gowen
- Disability Hub: Craig Williams
- Disability Hub: John Quinn
- LGBT+ Hub: Kath Housley
- LGBT+ Hub: Luke Robert Allan
- Religion/Belief/No Belief Hub – religious belief: Mohammad Abdool Kadir Gooljar
- Religion/Belief/No Belief Hub – no religious belief: Michael Heap
- Women’s Hub: Amber Cagney
- Women’s Hub: Charlotte Albiston
The EHN Board meets quarterly and meetings are open to the public. In addition special meetings can be called by the Chair.