The Equality Hub Network is open to anyone who is interested in equality, diversity and fairness. The Network is made up of the following Equality Hubs based on protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010:
- Age Hub (intergenerational)
- BAMER Hub (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, Refugee)
- Carers’ Hub
- Disability Hub (all impairments)
- LGBT+ Hub (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, other sexual orientations and gender identities)
- Religion/Belief/No Belief Hub
- Women’s Hub
The Hubs are coordinated by Support Organisations that are grant funded by Sheffield City Council.
Some Hubs have Working Groups to look at an issue in more depth.
Cross Hub Working Groups have been set up to look at issues that affect all the Hubs.
Each Hub elects 2 of its members to be the link between their Hub and the Equality Hub Network Board.